Piale 2012 Forum

My balance and some idea

Ivan Villafaina

My balance and some idea

Post by Ivan Villafaina on Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:01 pm

In my opinion, the course has been very satisfactory.. The forum is a way to be connected with the course, with the English language and with the our companions too.
    I apreciate the importance of a native teacher with years of experience doing that, teaching English to a foreign people..
    I also saw also my companions in the class with a very positive and active actitude in our classes.

I would like to send give some ideas: I think it could be a great idea to take out from the high schools the English lessons for a while and design an English program in the Melilla cinemas!

Some kind of English monthly cinema program monthly in english with English subtitles. But in a cinema, not in a class! As a pleasure, not as an obligation..

I hear every year in the Film week that dubbed films are which people wants to watch.. But sometimes they should have had a different option to taste?
    Clive
    Admin

Re: My balance and some idea

Post by Clive on Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:29 am

I had the same idea when I was director of the Cambridge programme. I wanted to have a monthly film in English in UNED. But unfortunately no one listened to me at the time!

Last edited by Clive on Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:14 am; edited 1 time in total

Ivan Villafaina

Post by Ivan Villafaina on Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:49 am

There are so many profesional articles and expert opinions talking about our dubbed TV and cinema as one of the most important reasons why we are so bad in English! In my opinion some things must change If we want to revert this situation.. As far as I know.. In Valencia, Granada, Málaga, Albacete in the last 3 years they were closed some of the only ones cinemas in original version.
    We have this situation (dubbed audiovisual culture) because in 50's there was a lot of analphabets who could not read in Spain.
    But now, already not, isn't it?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:15 pm